Monday, March 31, 2014

3/3/14 Email


Hola familia!!! Como estan?? Espero que todos están bien y que están felices y disfrutando la vida(: Its getting harder and harder for me to talk or write in english!! It surprised me this week because even when im talking with other “greengos” I feel more comfortable talking in Spanish.. when I think.. its usually in Spanish… when I pray its in Spanish.. even in my head.. crazy!!  Hopefully I don’t forget beautiful English(:

Anyways I cant believe how fast time goes by here in the mission. It feels like each week is a day.. last week I hit the 11 month mark which seems awfully close to the one year mark.. then begins the dreaded 6 month count down. I cant explain how I feel.. I miss home so much, I miss all of you but at the same time.. I love it here, im happy because I know its where im supposed to be and because I know its what the lord wants for me. I also know that I have eternity to be with my family and only 18 months to be in the mission.. and I know im going to miss peru so much!! So the best thing I can do is just enjoy each day and moment and do my best to serve the Lord(:  Also I cant believe that little Porter Bean is 2 years old!!!!!! Miss that little guy…

Well this week was crazy! Monday we went Go carting which was probably the funnest pday ive had in my mission! But that’s because I kicked everyones trash… little did they know that ive been driving go carts and such since before I could remember.. thanks gramps (:  The rest of the week we were getting everything ready for the wedding and baptism, and it was all worth it. Friday we went to the civil wedding.. funny story, theyre daughter hurt her foot and couldn’t walk so I piggy backed her all over town that day, her little sister kept saying “wooww greengos are strong” haha  but everything went good! We ate lunch together and then went to the church for the baptisms. The ward was so great and we had a lot of support there, all three of them were baptized and the mom gave the sweetest testimony afterwards…  she told us how many blessings they have received as a family while their son has been on his mission and that she knows that this is the true church. It was so powerful, maybe because I hope that you all are happy that im here and not sad that im not at home. And I hope that the work I do here brings you blessings. After the baptisms we had a small party for them and the elders brought foam spray.. right now in peru its “carnavales” a monthish long holiday where it’s a 24/7 waterfight… everywhere… water balloons, buckets of water, squirt guns, hoses, you name it. They even have a huge arosol can full of foam that they spray everyone and their dogs with.  Haha We´ve only gotten sprayed a couple times but everyone is usually wet that we see… ohhh peru and your craziness. 

This week was pretty humbling for me, one of the reasons is because we are teaching an 18 year old in active that doesn’t believe in God, one of the times we met with him he was so harsh on us.. but at the same time my heart hurts for him.. that he doesn’t know or feel right now the love of his heavenly father.. something that has brought so much peace and happiness in my life. It made me reflect a lot back on my testimony of my Heavenly Father, I know that he knows me.. he knows what I feel, what I think and what I need and want. I know that he loves me and will bless me if I am obedient to his commandments.

Alma 18: 32 And Ammon said: Yea, and he looketh down upon all the children of men; and he aknows all the thoughts and bintents of the heart; for by his hand were they all created from the beginning.

I love that scripture.. He is our creator, he knows us inside and out and loves us. HE EXISTS. We have a Heavenly Father.. he is real, he lives, and he  is the only way to true happiness.

1Nephi 11: 22 And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the alove of God, whichbsheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the cmost desirable above all things.23 And he spake unto me, saying: Yea, and the most ajoyous to the soul.

The love of God is the most Joyous thing to the soul. I know that this is true. I love my Heavenly Father and hope to always do his will and not my own. I know that we all have weaknesses and we make mistakes but that is why He sent his only begotten Son to pay the price for our sins. He is always ready to forgive us, all we have to do is humble ourselves,  ask for forgiveness and do our best to be better. I love this Gospel, I know that it is the true church of Jesus Christ and that it is the only Church in this world that has his authority and power. I know that one of the most important things we can do in this life is share the Gospel with others and to give service and love. Thank you for all of your support and love. I feel your prayers and am praying for you. Les Amo muchisimo!!!! Gracias por todo!!

Hermana Weller (:

No comments:

Post a Comment